Metal Roofing Factors to Consider
Simply put, your roof is a very important part of your home or business. However, choosing the best type of roofing material is not always the easiest thing to do, so that is where your pro for Metal Roof Installation in Flanders comes in. Before you even get into the meat and potatoes of the benefits of a metal roof, you will first want to consider these factors:
- Know Your Budget - A metal roof can cost up to twice the amount of asphalt shingles, so if you do not have a large amount to put down it may not be the right choice for you.
- Understand the Styles and Design Patterns - Find what appeals aesthetically to you. Nowadays metal roofing comes in a variety of styles and can replicate just about any roofing material, even slate!
- Understand Your Roof - Knowing the important details about your roof will allow you to make a better decision on what kinds of roofing materials will best suit your home and your budget. Details such as; roof pitch, square footage of the entire roof, different planes of the roof, the total number of vulnerable penetration points, and other possible problem areas like drain issues, etc. This can way over the average homeowners head or desire to learn which is why it is important to have a Flanders Roofer that you can trust!
- Weather Conditions - A metal roof shines in environments that are subjected to high wind, sun & UV exposure, and high amounts of moisture in all forms (rain, sleet, ice, snow). But, a metal roof is ideal in milder climates too!
- Maintenance - Determining how much maintenance you are willing to perform is an important part of choosing any new roofing material. How often a roof needs to be maintained relies on many factors like the weather, or damage from other contractors installing additional rooftop appliances or accessories like cable dishes, so there really is no answer that is set in stone. This is why it is important to have your roof inspected at least once a year by a reputable Flanders Roofing Contractor regardless of the type of roof you have for peace of mind and to sequentially save you money in the long run.
CALL RBM ROOFING TODAY AT (908) 879-1804